To the west of the Andes mountain range and outstanding from a privileged environment of fields, forests and lakes, it is the perfect viewpoint of the geography of southern Chile.
The ascent to the 2.656m summit begins before dawn, and will take us through a demanding journey in volcanic hauling, glaciated slopes and ice climbing.
From the top, not only will we take a deep breath, but we will also enjoy the panoramic views of the Lake District: Todos los Santos Lake, Petrohue River, Llanquihue and Rupanco Lakes, Puntiagudo, Tronador, Calbuco volcanoes, Casablanca, Puyehue and if there is good visibility, the Lanín and Llaima volcanoes in the distant region of the Araucanía.
- 4:30 am: Start of the activity, transfer from Puerto Varas to base Osorno Volcano.
- 6:00 am: Registration of the activity in the CONAF Park Ranger Office.
- 7:00 am: Start of the ascension to the Osorno Volcano.
- 12:30 pm: Summit.
- 05:00 pm: Base Volcan.
- 05:30 pm: Return Puerto Varas.
- 07:00 pm: Arrival in Puerto Varas. End of the activity.
TRANSFER TIME: 1.5 hours
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
Private transfer to and from Puerto Varas.
Professional guides (with WFR Certification)
Ticket to the park
Technical safety material
Duration: 1 Day.
Difficulty level: CHALLENGING.
Length: 11.6 km.
Start / End: Puerto Varas, Chile.
Period: All year.